Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Super EverDrive with + DSP1

Foot Soldier

The unoriginal carts of super famicom games works on all region consoles, at leats on Super Nintendo USA and Super Famicom works and fix in the cartridge slot, no idea but I think they fix too in PAL Super Nintendo obviously doesn't work the game if SNES PAL isn't modded for region free

Foot Soldier

If anyone in Australia has brought one of these and is looking for a 74hc04 I have just ordered 10 of them and will only need to use one. PM me if you need one.

If somebody could upload a youtube video of installing the DSP-1 chip and the other required components or just pictures of the whole thing complete it would help a lot because i still don't get it how to install the chip.

Obviously I'm retarded when it comes to things like these but hey I'm trying :P lol

Thx in advance!

Foot Soldier

OK,

For all of those people that want to add the DSP chip to there cart have a look at the attached pictures. It was juts a very quick job and I used the original pictures that Krikzz has posted. Just added some comments of what to do.
    Please ask any question if you have any. I am more than happy to help get this working for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member Elite

by the way, boards v1.4 use modified design where dsp instalation is much more easy. just need unsolder quartz crystal (white thing with 3 legs), dsp1 and dip 74hcu04, and solder them in everdrive

Foot Soldier

Now you tell me!!! :)

Anyway for those that already have the old board I hope this helps.

Member Elite

most simple method for old boards demonstrated my Tomy in this thread. need to solder DSP and quartz generator only

photo: http://www.tototek.com/tomy/add_dsp.jpg
    Last edited by KRIKzz; 05-03-2011 at 08:46 AM.

I see...

Haven't got my cart yet since they're sold out but wanted to see how it was done to know if I should order an everdrive with pre-installed dsp or if I could do it myself :)

So it's only those 3 components from a used game with dsp chip, no other resistors or something?
    Also does it matter if everything comes from a PAL or NTSC cartridge? I'm gonne use the everdrive on a PAL snes.

If it's not to much to ask could anyone link me a picture of 1.4 board? Tried to google but couldn't find any, I guess that's the one that'll be sent to me when I order :)

Thanks a lot for all your answers, made everything much clearer!
    Last edited by seganerd; 05-04-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Foot Soldier

PAL parts will work just fine. I am in PAL land and got it working fine. I had to buy the 74HC04 from the internet but from what Krikzz was saying you can use the one from the donor cart on the new 1.4 board revision.
    Last edited by Mamejay; 05-04-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Having looked at the dsp games list i think i will just buy the cart as there is only mario kart i actually want to play from that lot and i was intending on buying that anyway (as i do with all the games i really like).
    Last edited by Harp00nX; 05-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Hi!

I have finally gotten my SNES Everdrive (rev. 1.5) and it's pretty straight forward how to implement the DSP-1 chip with the two extra components... my only question is: does it matter how i solder the quartz crystal since it doesn't tell exactly how to solder it onto the board (upside down)?

Thx in advance!
    seganerd

Member Elite

you can solder crystal at any side

Quote Originally Posted by Mamejay View Post
    If anyone in Australia has brought one of these and is looking for a 74hc04 I have just ordered 10 of them and will only need to use one. PM me if you need one.
    I'm also from AUS just wondering where you ordered yours and how long it took to arrive
    i really want to get one like now lol
    SNES FAN!
    Alienware m17xR2 -- Core i7-940XM@3.8 | Nvidia 285m GTX SLI | 8gb DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | 120gb Vertex3 SSD & 500gb Momentus XT 7200rpm (1tb coming) | 1920x1200 RGBLED | Bluray Burner | Win 7 x64 | Bios:A10-V1F

Quote Originally Posted by KRIKzz View Post
    you can solder crystal at any side
    Thx! :D

Conscript

Hi krizz soz to be a pain but I have a bit of an issue, I have recently got my super everdrive and I have installed the dsp1 chip however no dsp1 game works and reading this thread I have noticed that other stuff can be installed. Do I have to install the white block on my everdrive for the dsp1 chip to work and is there anything else that needs installing? if so can I get these parts from my super mario kart game which I got my dsp1 chip from?

btw I think I have the latest board V1.5

thanks
    Last edited by ssj4jaxmazon; 07-02-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Member Elite

need to install white thing and 74hcu04 IC

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by 360XDKMAN View Post
    I'm also from AUS just wondering where you ordered yours and how long it took to arrive
    i really want to get one like now lol
    Hi there. I got in on the group buy and got it in like 2 weeks. My ms everdrive took like 5 weeks so it depends on the Ukraine postal service. Well worth the wait!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamejay View Post
    Hi there. I got in on the group buy and got it in like 2 weeks. My ms everdrive took like 5 weeks so it depends on the Ukraine postal service. Well worth the wait!!!!!
    Usually its not shippers postal that's the problem. Its normally importers customs/postal that causes longer waits.

How many of those "fixed" versions of snes roms (originally done for the earlier copiers I guess) are needed for proper functioning on the super everdrive?

Quote Originally Posted by fartbutt View Post
    How many of those "fixed" versions of snes roms (originally done for the earlier copiers I guess) are needed for proper functioning on the super everdrive?
    I haven't had to use any [h1] or "copier fix" versions of ROMS yet.

I have had to go in and adjust the ROM header (not the 512b copier header) to bump up the ROM size for translation patches that made the ROM bigger than reported. My guess is the SED attempts to mimic the original hardware as close as possible and doesn't allow addressing outside the size that is reported by the ROM header, which many games use for copy protection, etc. So if it's a 16 MB game that was patched to 20 MB, you need to change the header ROM size byte from 16 MB to 32 MB. That's the single main cause for non working games I've run into.

Terranigma requires changing a single byte to make it work on NTSC (originally a PAL title).

Only issues I've encountered so far.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast