Skaarg's updated collection
Well about two weeks ago I started the task of rearranging my game room mainly because I had run out of space for the little shelf space I had. So three days later (I took my time =P) here's the result I had.
PC Area where I keep my DC hooked up. I thought the L4D posters looked pretty awesome. Unfortunately the fourth one I had got a big hole in the middle of it.
Left shelf - NES games/system, X'eye, SFC, 5200, SNES, 2600/7800/400/coleco carts
Right shelf - Boxed NES, DC, Genesis, SNES, PS1, INTV, 3DO, Saturn, SCD, Boxed 2600/5200/coleco, guides, Virtual Boy
Top of right corner:
Right shelf just has a steel battalion controller (not pictured)
Left Shelf - Everything should be pretty visible
I don't like Mega Man at all. <_< (I also just realized one of my MMBN 6 games fell over on the right side of the top shelf..)
My baby (Coleco Adam with Expansion Module #1 for 2600 games.)
I found this guy (or I guess gal) sitting outside of my apartment complex one day lol.
The stuff I don't have room for still looks nice at least on display.
Wide shot - My girlfriend wanted to contribute something to the room so she put the flag up.. It's funny, but not quite sure how I feel about it in here. On the plus side I will be getting a better TV here soon. A friend of mine is going to get me a 26" CRT TV which will be much better than the 19" with no AV input.
Since these pictures I've already added a new system. I got a free Intellivision II the other day. I'd really prefer to get a system I, but this works for now. Beggars can't be choosers.
Last edited by Skaarg; 01-21-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Nice collection but the flag was nice to have right there. I kinda like it so good choose of your GF :).
Hope you will get a Intellivision I a day :)
I considered posting a new topic, but I figured it'd just be easier to update here. As I posted in the recent purchases thread. A friend and I recently bought our first arcade cabinet.
The guy said it wasn't working, and that there was "some minor electronics problem". Well when we showed up at his place he had it running and it was just displaying the test screen and randomly displaying garbage on the screen. He only wanted $90 for it so we figured we'd at least give it a shot.
As you can tell it's a a little rough looking, but not bad. Definitely needs some love though.
Anyways we get her to my place, haul it up the stairs in my apartment complex and plug it in... nothing. Open up the back panel and there's about a quarter inch of dust on everything, and this...
Also the switch for the power button was held by electrical tape, and came loose in transport. Fix the switch and wiggle the wire mess some (obviously there's a short somewhere causing it to turn off and restart all the time) and VOILA!
Well here's where the fun begins. The P2 joystick doesn't hardly work at all. Most of the buttons felt like they could fall apart any second. Then to make things better P1 and P2 controls are actually swapped. Also all the locks on the cabinet are busted all the screws and bolts rusted.
Well we decide lets fix this baby up!
It's so naked! Such a dirty machine!
First step we decided to take was get the old slightly yellowed and scratched to hell sides fixed up and replace all of the bolts and screw to give it that new look again. Yesterday we finished painting the sides (still have to do the front and back black), and I must say it really looks nice. I might have to retape the artwork and do another coat though because there's a few places that aren't really smooth. I haven't actually replaced the bolts on the side yet, but those are the only ones left that need replaced.
The artwork is still a little rough but not bad. I might order new someday, but the replacement art I found was ~$60 for both sides, and I would like to get a new control panel overlay first which alone is like $30. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this bit as much as I have. Hopefully by the end of this coming week we should have practically everything finished!
Last edited by Skaarg; 07-24-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Hot damn. Nice find and good work :o
Well plans got pushed back because we were having some problems with the power supply, but it's fixed now, and it works beautifully now.
Also tonight me and my friend finished all the wiring. This pic isn't with everything zip tied so it's nicer looking bundles, but it's a hell of a lot better than the electrical tape from before.
Guess what arrived in the mail today though?! Buttons and Joysticks! So now this thing is 100% playable. A friend of ours even gave us free coin mechs so we now we can actually make some money back! =P
We still have one more thing left and that's painting the front and back black, but that will be done Sunday. Overall though I think we've done a great job on this especially being our first cabinet with all the work it needed. I know what I would do the same and do differently now. Can't wait for my next cabinet project to work on. We're considering tracking down some sort of Nintendo cabinet locally like Donkey Kong or Mario Bros or something like that.
On a side note we beat the game tonight as well. =P
dude, that's awesome!! good work!
Awesome collection! I especially like the Megaman games you have.