Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Translation Thread

Site Supporter 2013 Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    Wondering what game it is (Death Crimson for DC ?)
    http://www2.117.ne.jp/~mat/dcriddle.jpg

What say the picture ?
    If it helps anyone, here it is written out, my Japanese isn't good enough to translate it.

心技体いや、真疑退揃った
    世界に誇る即死天王デス様。

Lemon Party Organizer and Promoter ASSEMbler Chosen
    Paragon

The first part is most likely some type of technique or move. It says, basically states "You (presumably) attained 'shingitai'.. no... 'shingitai'. The pronunciation is the same for both but the kanji are different.

First: Spirit - Techinque - Body
    Second: Truth - Doubt - Retreat

The second line is something like, 'The ever so proud Instantaneous King Death-sama".

Clearly, very useful day to day Japanese. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    世界に誇る即死天王デス様。
    Quote Originally Posted by GaijinPunch View Post
    The second line is something like, 'The ever so proud Instantaneous King Death-sama".
    Perhaps something more along the lines of "World famous heavenly king of instantaneous death, Death-sama", no?

Quick search for デス様 seems to indeed point at Death Crimson.

Foot Soldier

Yeah I though so.

Thank you all.

Combat Soldier

Do someone can translate me the japanese texts ?
    thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]

Could some gentle soul translate this test?Thanks in advance

Simdisk.jpg

Paragon

Q: When you were small, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    A: I was expected to become a doctor or lawyer by my parents, but becoming a pro wrestler or an olympic gymnast was my dream.

Q: What are the strong & weak points of your character?
    A: Weakpoint: Laziness, day-dreamer, not good at logical thoughts. [something I can't make out]. There are countless others. My strong point is, despite these things, I continue living.

Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by caius View Post
    Could some gentle soul translate this test?Thanks in advance

Simdisk.jpg
    drive:
    ?: Assign "a:" etc. Run on this drive.

switch:
    Nothing on an empty drive, simdisk will be stationed there.
    on a simdisk drive, imagefile will be set on the simdisk
    -r release simdisk
    -l list disks which are set
    -d delete current disk
    -a delete all set disks
    -p disallow writing to current disk
    -w allow writing to current disk
    -m media assign media
    -t time wait time for eject

sub switch:
    -v verbose mode
    -n maximum number of disks

Many thanks for this perfect translation! どうもありがとう.
    Last edited by caius; 04-09-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Combat Soldier

Q: When you were small, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    A: I was expected to become a doctor or lawyer by my parents, but becoming a pro wrestler or an olympic gymnast was my dream.

Q: What are the strong & weak points of your character?
    A: Weakpoint: Laziness, day-dreamer, not good at logical thoughts. [something I can't make out]. There are countless others. My strong point is, despite these things, I continue living.

Thanks you !!!

Foot Soldier

Can't understand these part of a very old Q&A with Tomoyoshi Miyazaki (even with Google Translator).
    Thanks in advance.

QNN: クインテットの次の作品がどんなものになるか、ユーザーとしては気になる所ですが、その辺のヒントとか頂け ないですか?(笑)
    宮崎: それは、これまでの話の中にヒントがあります(笑)
    QNN: もう少しヒントをくださいよ。次の作品の。
    宮崎: リンクをはってあるので、勘のするどい方はもうおわかりでしょうが、クーロンズゲートのスタッフとのカップリングでゲーム制作が進んでいます。2面性を表現するという意味で、表現してきたものがすごく近 いんですよね。クーロンズゲートのような要素あり、ソウルブレイダーのような要素もあり、新たな要素もあり…、その他たくさんって感じでしょうか? これじゃ、全然わかんない な(笑)
    QNN: 凄いものができそうですね(笑)。期待しています。今日はどうもありがとうございました。

Paragon

Basically he's asking what he plans to make after Quintet. Miyazaki replies with, "I dropped a hint already". When the interviewer asks for another hint, he says, "There's a link posted, so someone smart will get it." Then explains, "I'm progressing in a game with staff from Kowloon's Gate. It has a elements from Kowloon's Gate, and elements from Soul Blader, and new elements. And much more... I guess that explains nothing."

The part I didn't get was where he says the game is expressed in dual-screen (or something like that). I'm guess split-screen maybe?

Combat Soldier

Do someone can translate me the japanese texts ?
    thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Max_XX_ou; 04-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Foot Soldier

Basically he's asking what he plans to make after Quintet. Miyazaki replies with, "I dropped a hint already". When the interviewer asks for another hint, he says, "There's a link posted, so someone smart will get it." Then explains, "I'm progressing in a game with staff from Kowloon's Gate. It has a elements from Kowloon's Gate, and elements from Soul Blader, and new elements. And much more... I guess that explains nothing."

The part I didn't get was where he says the game is expressed in dual-screen (or something like that). I'm guess split-screen maybe?
    Thank you GaijinPunch.
    I think he was talking about Planet Laika, that game seems had gameplay based on split personalities of the protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Celine View Post
    Thank you GaijinPunch.
    I think he was talking about Planet Laika, that game seems had gameplay based on split personalities of the protagonist.
    To add to the excellent translation of GaijinPunch, I'll take a stab at "2面性を表現するという意味で、表現してきたものがすごく近 いんですよね。"
    "There will be manifestation of two personalities, personalities are not well explained (by me), though, aren't they?"

2面性を表現する is something along the lines of expression of two personalities or manifesting two characters, so most likely you are on the right track about Project Laika.

My 2円, of course.

I know , I'm asking often for small translations here but how can do otherwise?
    This one, please:

ただし、この回路はテラドラFDD用のものですので、他のFDDで使用すると
    きは、「DRIVE SELECT と MIS の論理積を READY に返す」部分の回路は必要あり
    ません。それ以外は同じ回路で動くとおもいます。

ただし、この回路はテラドラFDD用のものですので、他のFDDで使用すると
    きは、「DRIVE SELECT と MIS の論理積を READY に返す」部分の回路は必要あり
    ません。それ以外は同じ回路で動くとおもいます。
    This is going to be very rough, since it is using electronics jargon that one is not taught in school, so if this is very important to get right, please get a second opinion. :-)

Direct Engrish translation:

"However, even though this circuit(?) uses Teradora FDD, while using other FDDs, "Drive Select and MIS logic gate(?) returns READY" section of the circuit(?) is not necessary. With exception of that it is the operation (use) of the same circuit(?), I think."

Engrish to English translation (might lose nuances, since I am not an electronics guy):

"This circuit uses Teradora FDD, but when using any other FDDs, the part of the circuit, where DRIVE SELECT and MIS logic returns READY is not needed. Otherwise it's (like using) the same circuit, I think"

(Last sentence can be interpreted two different ways depending on missing context, which is why there are brackets there)

Caveats:

回路 I translate as "circuit", as electric circuit, but it also apparently can be used as "system".
    論理積 seems to be "AND gate" or logic gate

Let me know if this makes sense to you.
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 04-23-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Let me know if this makes sense to you.
    Yes, thanks!The second translation (engrish to english) makes sense to me.
    The last one, please, then I will disappear:)

図中の MIS は、FDDの基板上から、「メディアが入っているときにL」にな
    る所をさがして接続してください。

図では、ドライブ番号2に設定することを想定しています。それ以外のIDを割
    りふる時は、その番号の OPTION SELECT, DRIVE SELECT を使用してください。

(5/34)のような表記は、テラドラFDDでない場合は(あまり)意味を持ちません。

さて、この回路で何をしているかというと、
     「MIS の立ち上がり/下がりエッジを検出したら、FDD_INT をアクティブ(L)
    にする。また、OPTION SELECT が来たら MIS を DISK_IN に返し、同時に FDD_INT
    をHに戻す」
     ということをしています。

Yes, thanks!The second translation (engrish to english) makes sense to me.
    The last one, please, then I will disappear:)
    Again, please get a second opinion from another translator, especially if you end up soldering or doing anything, that might destroy expensive hardware based on these directions. I tried to translate them into more natural English right away, so something that I thought was irrelevant might have been lost in translation. Italic in the brackets, are alternative translations for the preceding words or phrases, while in brackets are bits assumed from the context.

図中の MIS は、FDDの基板上から、「メディアが入っているときにL」になる所をさがして接続してくださ い。
    With respect to MIS on the diagram, please look for connection from the upper substrate (layer) of the FDD's logic board when (there appears) a message "Insert media into L"

Comment:
    Sounds rough, but I am not sure how relevant the bit about MIS is to the rest of the sentence (or what it stands for), so keeping it in event that it's important.

図では、ドライブ番号2に設定することを想定しています。それ以外のIDを割りふる時は、そ の番号の OPTION SELECT, DRIVE SELECT を使用してください。
    On the diagram, it is assumed, that you connected (set up) drive #2. When assigning (calculating) drive's ID, please use that drive's OPTION SELECT (and) DRIVE SELECT.

(5/34)のような表記は、テラドラFDDでない場合は(あまり)意味を持ちません。
    If (what you are using is) not Teradora FDD, writing that looks like (5/34), (often) have no meaning.

Comments:
    Is 5/34 referring to a diagram or a photograph?
    (often) is not implied, and is in the text.

さて、この回路で何をしているかというと、
     「MIS の立ち上がり/下がりエッジを検出したら、FDD_INT をアクティブ(L)
    にする。また、OPTION SELECT が来たら MIS を DISK_IN に返し、同時に FDD_INT
    をHに戻す」
     ということをしています。
    Any way, I'm saying that what you're doing with this circuit, is this:
    When (the system) detects failing edge/rising edge from MIS, FDD_INT activates (triggers) (L). Then MIS returns from OPTION_SELECT to DISK_IN, and at the same time FDD_INT returns to H.

Comments:
    上がり/下がりエッジ is literally lowering/rising edge, but I think that author is talking about a signal going low/high
    Same caveat about 回路 (I translate as "circuit", might be also "system") as in the previous post

HTH, HAND.
    :-)
    Last edited by cypherpunk; 04-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Again, please get a second opinion from another translator, especially if you end up soldering or doing anything, that might destroy expensive hardware based on these directions. I tried to translate them into more natural English right away, so something that I thought was irrelevant might have been lost in translation. Italic in the brackets, are alternative translations for the preceding words or phrases, while in brackets are bits assumed from the context.
    Domo arigato again for this precious translation!

With respect to MIS on the diagram, please look for connection from the upper substrate (layer) of the FDD's logic board when (there appears) a message "Insert media into L"

Comment:
    Sounds rough, but I am not sure how relevant the bit about MIS is to the rest of the sentence (or what it stands for), so keeping it in event that it's important.

On the diagram, it is assumed, that you connected (set up) drive #2. When assigning (calculating) drive's ID, please use that drive's OPTION SELECT (and) DRIVE SELECT.

If (what you are using is) not Teradora FDD, writing that looks like (5/34), (often) have no meaning.

Comments:
    Is 5/34 referring to a diagram or a photograph?
    (often) is not implied, and is in the text.
    Yes, 5/34 is referring to this diagram:
    circuit.gif

And I can't understand what is this MIS signal in other FDDs than Teradrive.You can see the MIS signal on this scheme of Teradrive logic board:
    terafdd.gif

Any way, I'm saying that what you're doing with this circuit, is this:
    When (the system) detects failing edge/rising edge from MIS, FDD_INT activates (triggers) (L). Then MIS returns from OPTION_SELECT to DISK_IN, and at the same time FDD_INT returns to H.

Comments:
    上がり/下がりエッジ is literally lowering/rising edge, but I think that author is talking about a signal going low/high
    Same caveat about 回路 (I translate as "circuit", might be also "system") as in the previous post

HTH, HAND.
    :-)
    Yes, I understood this part, it explains how the INTERRUPT signal works on X68000 computes.
    The ideal would be a whole translation of the document but , I know, I'm asking too much