Thread: Action Replay DS problems with PC connection

Member Hardcore

Action Replay DS problems with PC connection

I recently bought an Action Replay DS v1.23 including USB-cable and Action Replay Code Manager Software (EUR) v1.0.

Unfortunately the Action Replay Code Manager Software does not recognize the DS. I already tried several tutorials, different software releases and different drivers. I also did a reset on the AR hardware and tried it on a friends computer. (both Win XP SP3).

The facts:
    - Action Replay DS cartridge will be recognized when connected to the PC. - Windows automatically installed the driver from the CD when connected for the first time.
    - AR Code Manager software does not recognize the DS. It just says 'waiting for DS'
    - I can establish a connection for a few seconds when I do the following steps:
    *open the update menu (ds side)
    *click on the home button
    * quickly remove the AR cartridge

Then the PC shows a 'loading...' message in the Nintendo DS codes window. A few seconds later the PC software crashes.

I've spent hours on this shitty hardware. I've just bought it for Contra 4 and currently I'm not able to use it.

I hope someone here has more experience with the AR DS. I would appreciate any help. I've just want to upload the codes for Contra.

Uuummm. If your computer crashed because of the software, it must suck. Buy another AR and a diffrent version to. If it is outdated, it doesn't always work.

Member Hardcore

got a replacement from the seller. Works fine now.