Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kenju(atomiswave)

Foot Soldier

kenju(atomiswave)

Well this game is a canceled cell shaded(so they claim) fighting game called kenju for the atomiswave,published by sammy and made by dreamfactory co ltd.was supposed to be released 2005(unsure if it was actually canceled seeing how people sighted and played some place in london).not much is known about this game honestly except for a few screen shots and a video of it at gamespot.looked like it plays like project justice(thats probably why iam curious about this game).anyone knows if this game has any protos(it should seeing how it was loc test on multiple occasions,including some people claim to have played at some arcades third floor at london or something.)funny enough ifound an auction for this games flyer in yahoo japan.who knows it might have even been finished.

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/kenju/index.html

Last edited by accel99; 01-18-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Adult Orientated Mahjong Connoisseur ASSEMbler Extreme
    Never Logs Out

Probably one of those games that get site tested, did awful, got canned.

Although the character line up does look like the general generic bunch of fighters, snappy dressed guy? check. Woman wearing not much clothing? Check. Token black guy? check. Evil looking guy with problems? check. Some token old guy? Check. One fighter that you wouldn't see in real life outside of "Professional" wrestling? Check...

Member of The Cult Of Kefka Staff

ASSEMbler Soldier

Blog Entries
    the pantless loly is pure class :D i can't understand why it might have done badly in test :D

Join the HROST Project!

I'll create a monument to non-existance! Kefka, FFVI
    "there is no dark side of the Moon really... as a matter of fact it's all dark" (words hidden in pink floyd's "Eclipse" song )

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Jamtex
    Probably one of those games that get site tested, did awful, got canned.

Although the character line up does look like the general generic bunch of fighters, snappy dressed guy? check. Woman wearing not much clothing? Check. Token black guy? check. Evil looking guy with problems? check. Some token old guy? Check. One fighter that you wouldn't see in real life outside of "Professional" wrestling? Check...
    arent most fighting games like that regardless?i would have been interested in testing it out for myself before adding slightly harsh judgment.who knows it could have been fun?and like i said kinda reminds me of project justice in general except with marvel vs capcom air launcher thing-a-majig.

the pantless loly is pure class :D i can't understand why it might have done badly in test :D
    heh,for some reason that just cracked me up.
    Last edited by accel99; 01-18-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Combat Soldier

There's a short video of the Kenju demo at the 42nd AM Show available over on SNK-Capcom.

I remember quite looking forward to this when I had an Atomiswave. It's a shame it got canned after beta testing; I'm sure with a few gameplay tweaks it could have been rather good. Sammy & Dream Factory should consider a PSN/Live release to recover some of the development cost instead of just wasting all that time, effort and investment.
    Last edited by _SD_; 01-19-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by _SD_
    There's a short video of the Kenju demo at the 42nd AM Show available over on SNK-Capcom.

I remember quite looking forward to this when I had an Atomiswave. It's a shame it got canned after beta testing; I'm sure with a few gameplay tweaks it could have been rather good. Sammy & Dream Factory should consider a PSN/Live release to recover some of the development cost instead of just wasting all that time, effort and investment.
    heh i totally forgot about that footage,but to be honest iam pretty sure that wasnt a good showcase for the game seeing how the players barely knew how to do anymoves.and psn/live would be wonderful but this is sammy were talking about,so i doubt it.hmm i wonder who has the protos sammy the publisher or dreamfactory the developer(considering almost all the info show sammy as developer and only few sources credit dreamfactory).

Foot Soldier

Look like this site has huge mag scans of the game.Even has screenshots.It was looking pretty good and complete.

http://butterken.com/archives/51386120.html

ASSEMbler Elite

Man this looks freakin awesome.

Well, looks. Yeah.

The loli is just a bonus! (as are the other few women, jeeze!)

Don't forget that the OP's link also has a vid. (http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/actio...meplay-movie-1)
    Also: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6102238.html
    Last edited by alecjahn; 06-24-2009 at 09:49 AM.

I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by alecjahn
    Man this looks freakin awesome.

Well, looks. Yeah.

The loli is just a bonus! (as are the other few women, jeeze!)

Don't forget that the OP's link also has a vid. (http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/actio...meplay-movie-1)
    Also: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6102238.html
    Like i stated before it was looking like rival schools.On that reason alone I think i would have gotten an atomiswave,lol.Meh I dont care for lolis.

ASSEMbler Elite

I've been leaning closer and closer to getting an Atomiswave for my own consolization (that's not a bad word around here, is it? :D).

I figure even if I get tired of it, and I do a good job on any mods (as if I would settle for anything less than perfect), I could always make my money back.
    The only thing that holds me back is the number and availability of games in general. I really wish there were more. Then again, I'm definitely spoiled by the selection (and price list!) my MVS has to offer.

I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN
    (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by alecjahn
    I've been leaning closer and closer to getting an Atomiswave for my own consolization (that's not a bad word around here, is it? :D).

I figure even if I get tired of it, and I do a good job on any mods (as if I would settle for anything less than perfect), I could always make my money back.
    The only thing that holds me back is the number and availability of games in general. I really wish there were more. Then again, I'm definitely spoiled by the selection (and price list!) my MVS has to offer.
    Well,if you want a large selection and list of games that will wow you,I dont think the atomiswave is for you.Besides this game,the only other reason Iam debating to buy it is for demolish fist.Otherwise the list of games looks pretty dull.
    Last edited by accel99; 06-26-2009 at 07:03 AM.

Foot Soldier

Found a site that had some screen shots of it,which is rare to see any native resolution screens for this game.link:http://www.viciojuegos.com/imagenes-...ju-Arcade/7859

Moderator Staff

ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Great find. It does look good doesn't it :nod:

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Great find. It does look good doesn't it :nod:
    Yeah it does, it reminds me of rival schools kinda.Its rather hard to believe that no one has this game,I mean there are pictures of when they had many of this game arcade machines during the 42nd am show plus there were loc test.So what happened to all carts/builds?The game was basically complete.
    Last edited by accel99; 03-25-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Foot Soldier

Found this years ago from a backup of the original site.Two pdf files one is the move list arcade insert and the other just a poster.Both in pdf format.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I6CIB0WO
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RM6IV5UW

Conscript

Looks great and complete.. It's got to be somewhere! I really hope that it will pop up sooner or later because another great game for atomiswave library would be awesome!

Foot Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Anton69 View Post
    Looks great and complete.. It's got to be somewhere! I really hope that it will pop up sooner or later because another great game for atomiswave library would be awesome!
    A long time ago someone reported it being in some London arcade 2nd floor.Not sure how true that is,anyway there were location tests for this game so many builds probably exists.Would be sad if all the builds were destroyed and to make matters worse dream factory is pretty much gone.(check out their page and see what they been reduced to.)

Foot Soldier

I was really excited when this was coming to the atomiswave...then it just disappeared :/

Foot Soldier

Seems someone has the prototype and is selling it through a website.asking price is 2000 bucks and 5 bucks shipping.all they have to for it is 1 screen shot.

Last edited by accel99; 06-07-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Foot Soldier

Which website?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast