Thread: Wanted: N64 Development board for Indigo 2

Wanted: N64 Development board for Indigo 2

I have been looking for one of these for a while. The wife said if I could find one, it can be my christmas present. If anyone has one they are willing to get rid of, or know somewhere to point me, it would be much appreciated.

and the lost N64 Hardware Docs ASSEMbler Hardcore

Check out nekochan forums, there was a guy trying to get rid of an indy with a u64 board inside it.
    EDIT : BTW! The u64 will never work on an Indigo 2. Its a Indy's only. The rumor that it should be working on an Indigo is what it is : bs.
    Last edited by kammedo; 11-26-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    -------->>>>> YOUR HELP COUNTS : www.amiscdlaladinia.info <<<<<<<<<<<------------------

"Dai diamanti non nasce niente, dal letame nascono i fiori" - Fabrizio de Andrč

On 1000 and heading to 10000....

Oh, BTW : Computational power is obvious today. Long-lasting gameplay not anymore.

Foot Soldier

I don't think I've see 1,

I wish you would have provide a pic of 1. :crying:

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat
    I don't think I've see 1,

I wish you would have provide a pic of 1. :crying:
    http://www.yntproject.net/index.php?section=u64

something like that? ;)
    -------->>>>> YOUR HELP COUNTS : www.amiscdlaladinia.info <<<<<<<<<<<------------------

Oh, BTW : Computational power is obvious today. Long-lasting gameplay not anymore.

Yes, just like that. And the machine in the pictures is an Indigo 2, not an Indigo.

This is an Indigo (I have 2): http://hardware.majix.org/computers/...igo.02.big.jpg

This is an Indigo 2 (I have 2 also): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/...g?v=1213478142

There is an Indigo "Indy" (I also have 2) that has a similar case to the Indigo 2, but it is noticeably different if you know what you are looking at: http://www.disasterzone.net/images/network/sgiindy.jpg

I've always seen the dev board paired up with an Indigo 2, but this is the first anything I saw with it associated with an Indy.

Either way, I've hunted nekochan and found no one currently getting rid of one. Maybe I have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by MindChild
    Yes, just like that. And the machine in the pictures is an Indigo 2, not an Indigo.

This is an Indigo (I have 2): http://hardware.majix.org/computers/...igo.02.big.jpg

This is an Indigo 2 (I have 2 also): http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3049/...g?v=1213478142

There is an Indigo "Indy" (I also have 2) that has a similar case to the Indigo 2, but it is noticeably different if you know what you are looking at: http://www.disasterzone.net/images/network/sgiindy.jpg

I've always seen the dev board paired up with an Indigo 2, but this is the first anything I saw with it associated with an Indy.

Either way, I've hunted nekochan and found no one currently getting rid of one. Maybe I have missed something.

O_o The machine in the pictures is an Indy - the one that "looks" like an Indigo is my old PIV (on the left of the Indy) :P.
    I can assure you : both official documentation and unofficial sources make me positive about the fact that u64 boards were designed for Indy's and nothing else. The Indigo has the GIO bus as well, but the Indy won't work on it because it is NOT a single graphic card but an add-on graphic card (which has to be "piggybacked" on top of a normal Indy graphic card (http://www.jfc.org.uk/documents/indy_gfx.html for an example), be it 8 or 24 bit. Not that it would take any performance increases from it - it unly uses the GIO bus. Now I must admit that I don't know if this is possible in Indigo's as well.
    Wow SGI world is really freaky! ^^

as for the HW : heck the Hardware forums, seems like the guy is ready to get rid of it :
    http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16718642 but watch out, he want's $$ and if you are overseas, sending an indy costs - and that surely you know better than me!

kammedo: thanks for all of the information. I have tried and contacted that guy, so hopefully something will come of it. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Foot Soldier

Thanks for the excellance pic MINDCHILD! :nod: :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

I've never see one before those pics were provided, what is it? and what is for? a gaming console? looks like a mini computer.

Again guys thanks for the pics! :love2:

I used to have a u64 Board installed in an Indy, but I sold it to Jollyrancher on these boards years ago; this was before ASSEMbler changed the forums. I obtained the dev system from a guy who claimed it was used on the development of Turok.

I think I might still have pictures of the U64 board installed somewhere.

-SK

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat
    Thanks for the excellance pic MINDCHILD! :nod: :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

I've never see one before those pics were provided, what is it? and what is for? a gaming console? looks like a mini computer.

Again guys thanks for the pics! :love2:
    You mean the indigo? That was a SGI workstation, used to make graphical and video editing.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCaine
    I used to have a u64 Board installed in an Indy, but I sold it to Jollyrancher on these boards years ago; this was before ASSEMbler changed the forums. I obtained the dev system from a guy who claimed it was used on the development of Turok.

I think I might still have pictures of the U64 board installed somewhere.

-SK
    Jollyrancher aka Jollyroger? I got in contact with him during the days when I bought my first one..Starcaine, could it be you were the one who posted first pictures (on a SGI forum if I don't remember wrong) about you haven gotten an indy with a board but no HDDs as they had been wiped out?
    Last edited by kammedo; 12-01-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Foot Soldier

Is this SGI used for Dev work on an N64? It kinda looks like a home computer, Lol!

I guess someone here must have one. :shrug:

Wouldn't you have one assembler? :rolleyes:

You look like you got all kinds of goodies, ;-)

Ah, thanks for the educational session boys. :icon_bigg

Admin
    ASSEMbler Regix
    Pillar of the Community

Blog Entries
    I have a few extras. Wasn't looking to sell unless the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by ASSEMbler
    I have a few extras. Wasn't looking to sell unless the price was right.
    I hereby offer 150 $ for one of your u64 joyboards :P
    Last edited by kammedo; 12-01-2008 at 10:21 AM.

I can part with $200.

Foot Soldier

Lol assembler,

I didn't think so either! My self I don't even know how to use 1, hehehe.

Foot Soldier

Hello everybody,

I am the current owner of Starcaine's u64 board, and over the past few years I acquired a second one, and collected the missing parts (hardware and software) to create the complete development environment.

Just to rectify a few things about the SGI development units: before physical hardware was available a set of software libraries was written to simulate the future n64 environment on existing hardware.
    The chosen platform was the SGI Onyx, a high-end visualization workstation.

The u64 development board is designed to sit in the GIO slot of the Indy workstation, with connectors for video, audio and joysticks coming out of the back of the system.

Subsequent development kits were created to avoid the cost of the SGI Indy host (Partner64, etc.)

Cheers!

Jollyroger