Create Partition 2
I did some analysis myself and got it working too Here's how I did it:
1. Open your drive with Winhex (like described before)
2. Goto the Edit -> Define block. Choose beginning 120EB1000 and end 130EAFFFF and press 'ok'
3. Goto the Edit -> Fill block. Choose 'Fill with hex values', enter 00 and press 'ok'. This will clear the partition.
4. Now we have to add the partition headers. Goto (alt+g) offset 120EB0000 and edit to make it look like:
120EB0000 58 54 41 46 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 20 00 00 00 01
120EB0010 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
5. Save it. Now we're almost done, only have to fix up the 'cluster map'. To do this, goto offset 120EB1000 and edit it to make it look like:
120EB1000 FF FF FF F8 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
120EB1010 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Save it and then your drive will show partition 2 in xplorer360! Dump all files from partition 2 from some HDD that has the emulator on it (either a 20 gb or 120 gb, doesn't matter), save those files from partition 2 to your PC. Attach your WD BEVS drive, and drag the 'index' file alone first to partition 2! After you've added this particular first file, you can add the rest to the partition.
After you've copied all files (you should be able to use all xplorer versions by the way, doesn't matter which one, hexedited/modded or not), your emulator should work.