I bought this disc from yahoo Auctions for 200 yen which was pretty good going. Thinking that it would be your average sample disc I wasn't even going to bother trying it out. Then I realized that I'd need to know what was on it for the write up on my site. So I popped the disc in to my Saturn and here's the result.
The following text is copy and pasted from my site.
Now this is an interesting sample disc. it seems to be made from an early build of the game. Let's take a look at some of the main points.
1. The game speed is unstable resulting from it either running too slow or too fast. This is especially noticeable from the introduction since sometimes it will run that slow that the BGM needs to repeat it's self while at other times it finished before the BGM does.
2. No options what so ever. There isn't even any 2 player option.
3. No "Marvel Super Heroes" speech or sound effects on the title screen. In fact there's nothing at all.
4. No pause available anywhere in the game.
5. Only 7 characters available and one round playable.
6. Broken A.I. that results in the CPU player continuously walking directly into you.
7. HUD or overlaid text graphics (Whatever they're called) are all off center resulting in some text being chopped off on the right hand side.
8. Sometimes player 2 (The CPU character) will have it's voice replaced by a beep sound.
9. At times graphics can corrupt. This seems to be random.
So as you can see, this is by far from finished. In fact the speed issue alone is something that should have been fixed even in a sample.
Here's a shot of the sample disc and the retail disc.
Below are two shots that show the off center text problem. These shots are taken on a wide screen TV in normal mode so you knwo this is the full image coming from the Saturn and not the TV displayingt he image too far right.
In this screen shot Wolverine is broken. It's hard to tell from a screen shot but all he's doing is continuously walking left in to Spiderman. He did this until the time had ran out.
Finally the character select screen. Nothing too interesting here apart from only 7 of the characters being present.