Thread: Manic Marbles (PC) - anyone hear of it?

PS_Monitor

Manic Marbles (PC) - anyone hear of it?

Does anyone have or have screenshots of Manic Marbles for the PC? I think it was released by Microsoft and may have been included with the purchase of the Sidewinder. Should be dated around 1997. I want to see what this game looks like very badly. I couldn't find any information on the internet.

FM Towns Addict
    Site Supporter 2012
    Site Supporter 2013
    Site Supporter 2014
    Member Elite

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...6/gampdpr.mspx

A tiny summary..says Feb 1997.

http://web.archive.org/web/200306282...m/?kbid=156119

more details, sounds ok actually, sort of..

PS_Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelaa
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...6/gampdpr.mspx

A tiny summary..says Feb 1997.

http://web.archive.org/web/200306282...m/?kbid=156119

more details, sounds ok actually, sort of..
    Thanks for the additional info. No screenshots though? I really want to see this game badly. It's not even on ebay. I love marbles (especially marble madness)

PS_Monitor
    so is this considered Abondonware? If so, where can I get it do you think?

Commandent Lurker Foot Soldier

I actually had the CD of this that came with the Sidewinder, came with this (Trial version obviously) and a demo of Gex, Unfortunately I'm 98% sure I don't have the disk anymore. So I can't be of any help other then that.

Though obviously the Sidewinder was pretty popular I'm sure you can find someone who's uploaded/has the cd.

mamedev Member Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by PS_Monitor
    so is this considered Abondonware? If so, where can I get it do you think?
    There is no such thing, it might be available illegally on the internet somewhere though

smf

In the mean time you should try 'Lose your marbles' - a classic addictive puzzler also released in 1997
    Last edited by tom101; 08-03-2007 at 02:18 PM.

Commandent Lurker Foot Soldier

Okay...I know this is an ancient thread but since I posted in it...it should be cool for me to necro-revive it. I'm not going to make a new thread in the download area at this stage because I don't believe there's much interest as this isn't a beta item.

So I was digging around looking for my copy of SimTower (yes...laugh it up :P) when I open the case turns out my original Sidewinder installation disk pops out (and...no SimTower damn it). But for anyone interested the Sidewinder disk does indeed include a demo of Microsoft Marbles (dated 1996 which I presume is another name for Manic Marbles). I can't get the demo to install because it won't work under compbadiblity and I really don't want to muck around blindly trying to get it to work. So below I've uploaded a CD image of the whole damn CD (if it's not *safe* feel free to remove it).

Interestingly enough according to the Readme the game was developed by Grey Matter (that's Return to Castle Wolfenstien amoung others) and it's not listed anywhere that they had a hand in it but the read me file is pretty specific on that. I'm not really able to track down industry members to see if anyone from early Grey Matter might have a copy of the full game kicking around somewhere but if someone else could give it a look that'd be neat :D

Anyway enough of my inane chatter...here's the image for anyone that wants to give it a look.

SideWinderDemoCD - Hopefully nothing wrong with it

Bonus Cow Marble

Last edited by KaL_YoshiKa; 09-29-2008 at 01:12 PM.

CAN YOU PLEASE REUPLOAD THE CD OR THE GAME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH