MovieDownloader for PS-BBN
by, 04-13-2012 at 02:03 AM (2441 Views)
the "movie downloader" will let you import NTSC format pss movies into your (unmodded) PS-BBN from your PC.
note: this requires you to have a 1) a working local webserver on your pc and 2) a working dns server for redirect on your pc.
but if you have access to the psbbn partitions, just add the ip address to the "SCRIPT_KEYS" file located at "/opt0/bn/sysconf", and make sure you match your ip address entry to the other ones in the file by adding the "key" after the ip address. the dns server is not needed with this method.
1. download the "moviedownloader.rar"
2. extract that rar to the root of your webserver e.g. into "htdocs" of apache, so that index.xml, movie, amx, images folders/files are at the root of your webserver diectory.
3. copy the movie you want import into PS-BBN, to the "movie" folder, and make sure the filename is COMPLETLY LOWER CASE written.
4. open the "index.xml" in any xml editor of your choice.
5. locate the "Download id" string. and put the name of the movie at "title=Title", watch out for the quotes, then put in the filename of the movie at "cref=movie/movie.pss". save the file.
6a. fire up your DNS server and make a redirect from "psbb.gamecity.ne.jp" to your pc's local ip address. i recommend "posadis" as dns server, very easy to setup. <- do this only if you dont have access to PS-BBN partitions.
<ITEM id="MovieDL" label="Movie Downloader" link="href" href="http://IPADDRESS_OF_YOUR_PC/index.xml" />
below the koei channel in your "top.xml" in "opt0/bn/script" <- do this IF you have access to the PS-BBN partitions.
7a. in PS-BBN, start the koei channel and download your movie. <--with dns server redirect
7b. in PS-BBN, start the Movie Downloader channel and download your movie. <-- with PS-BBN partitions access
btw: the movie downloader also works for importing photos/pictures!
the movie downloader:
premade posadis dns file, you might need to change "192.168.1.151" to your pc's ip address.